6th Grade Field Trip

Last Friday the whole 6th grade from my school went on a field trip! We went to the North Carolina Natural Science Museum.

When I got to school on Friday, I wasn’t really expecting anything good (especially the 30 min bus ride to the museum). It was Day 2 that day, so we had an advisory but we went to C period in the band teacher’s room for a briefing on the field trip. After over 1 hour of sitting we finally got to get on the bus! I sat with my friend around the middle of the bus.

After the 30 minute bus ride, we finally got there! We all got off the bus and all the different advisories were in a line. We got paired with another advisory. Then we walked in the museum. It was awesome! There were animals, dinosaurs, and even a sloth! Our group went to the RACE exhibit and we filled out a sheet about what we learned. Then we went to an animal part of the museum. And my favorite part, the forest. It was so cool! There were trees with birds, waterfalls with fish, and dens with foxes! 

After we finished with the museum we all went outside to look at the statues. I didn’t find them that interesting, they were all like people that fought in war. We didn’t have much time so we got back on the bus.

I loved the field trip to the museum and in summary I highly recommend going. Thank you for reading!