Finding Someplace

We read a book called “Finding Someplace” this summer. It was about a girl named Reesie who was home alone when Hurricane Katrina hit her house. She had to pack a backpack full of important things, like papers, passports, and a phone. Now I have to pack a bag like Katrina is going to hit my house. Here is what I would bring. 

First I would grab our family trauma bag half full of medical supplies. Next, I would fill that bag with cash, so I can buy some stuff at stores. Then I would pack a water bottle, my phone, a whistle, my phone charger, our house building contracts, birth certificate, and finally my dad’s Navy license. 

Here is why I would bring these supplies. I would bring our house trauma bag because it has medical supplies and it’s not full. I would put some cash in it because a lot of people will have to only take cash because there is probably no technology like a card reader that the seller took with them. I would pack a water bottle in case I get thirsty. I would pack my phone so I can get help. I would also pack a whistle if people don’t see me but I need help. A phone charger.this will charge my phone when it runs out of battery. I am going to bring our house building contracts and bills because we are building a house and the papers are important. And finally My brother and my birth certificate. This is what I would bring if Hurricane Katrina hit my house and I needed to survive.