Camp Hanes

The 6th graders took a two hour bus ride for an overnight trip to a small town called King in North Carolina. We went to a camp called Camp Hanes to do some awesome activities! I arrived at school with my sleeping bag and my duffel bag ready to go on Thursday morning. We gathered into advisories while we waited for the buses to arrive. Once the buses got there we all rushed onto the bus. I got on and sat with my friend. The bus was quiet for a couple minutes, but then it started moving and a movie was playing! Once the movie was over we were there. 

Once I got off the bus and thought that this was going to be so much fun. And it was! We did activities like archery, canoeing, and hiking. My favorite was canoeing. It was my favorite because we got to have partners. My partner was Terrick. Once we put our canoe in the water, someone yelled, “Canoe wars!” We all started paddling really fast with our oars to ram other people with our canoe. There was so much laughter and yelling. After we were done with canoeing, we were all so thirsty from all the hard work. 

The trip to Camp Hanes was very fun and exciting and I wish I could go back. The thing I enjoyed the most was hanging out with my friends. Once we left on the bus I realized that I have almost been there before! Last April I went with my soccer teammate to a soccer tournament that was in a soccer park right next to Camp Hanes, crazy coincidence! This was my experience at camp Hanes. I hope you enjoyed it!

2 Comments on Camp Hanes

1. 29ishann
    October 31, 2022 at 12:33 pm (1 year ago)

I liked the set up second paragraph.

Reply
  2. 29benignod
    October 31, 2022 at 12:36 pm (1 year ago)

I really like the way you ended your blog post.

Reply